Sowerby is a large village adjacent to the market town of Thirsk. It lies in the Vale of York midway between York and Teeside just off the A19 road.
Thirsk is easily reached by road –
- from the A1M (travelling north) via the A168 towards Teeside (exit at junction 49)
- form the A1 (travelling south) via the A61
- from Ripon on the A61
- from Northallerton on the A168
- from Teeside on the A19
- from Scarborough on the A170
- from York on the A19 (north)
St. Oswald's Church in Sowerby is about half a mile to the south of the centre of Thirsk. Exit Thirsk market place towards Wetherby and Ripon. Two right-angled bends lead to a mini-roundabout. Here the Sowerby road is round to the left and St. Oswald's Church is down about a quarter of a mile on the left hand side.
- St. Oswald's Church is on Front Street, Sowerby, Thirsk, North Yorkshire.
- Postcode YO7 1JG
- National Grid reference SE 431814.
Car parking for concerts can usually be found in the main street beyond the church or in Back Lane, turning right fifty yards before the church (coming from Thirsk). Alternatively, there is often parking at the Parochial Hall which is up the short lane, just twenty yards before the church (again coming from Thirsk).